Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
A new question is answered every 9 seconds dryer stopped getting hot - wont even get warm.

Customer Question dryer stopped getting hot - won't even get warm. It still spins, but without a temperature change. What is wrong? Here are the details:

1: Started out with the timer not working for "Knit/Delicate", however, it continued to get warm for a little while (seemed like it, anyway).
2: Timer still works for the "Timed Dry", but won't get hot/warm.
3: Type of dryer: Kenmore "Heavy Duty"; part #(NNN) NNN-NNNNRev. A; Model/stock # XXXXX 62731; Serial #MB2623471; also, it shows a trade mark symbol of UL in a circle.
4: I can be reached [email protected] if additonal questions are required.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok there can be allot of reasons for this, 1, Part 2893the cycling thermostat, 2 the heating element, Part 33673 the thermal cutoff set , Part 2821you will need a volt meter to check these .do you have one? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks Bryan...I do have a digital multimeter...
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok you will need to test for continuity on all of these parts. the good news is they are all located behind the rear panel, unplug the machine first and take the wires of one at a time and test each one. the one with no continuity is bad. hope this helps,. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks, it's a continuity check that is needed, not a check for voltage? I have a separate continuty tester as well. Also, if it is just a continuity check, then the dryer can be unplugged?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
unplug the dryer first. then take the back off and check the parts i mentioned for continiuty, thanks Bryan