Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my lse1000 maytag washer dryer does not turn off the cold water

my lse1000 maytag washer dryer does not turn off the cold water within its cycles.
ie. when filling the washer with warm water(hot & cold) when the washer is filled & the water should stop , only the hot water stops the cold water continues to fill & overflow. help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
do you have to shut the water off to stop it? or if you shut the machine off does it stop/ let me know ,thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i've done both. turning off water seems to work better because it doesn't disrupt where i was in the cycle.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok its going to need a fill valve.Part 1292 this is the part your hoses are connected to, you can get this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-lse1000-%3d%3dei1292&PartID=1292 replace this and you will be all set. thanks Bryan