Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Model 555SS that I purchased and had installed in

I have a Model 555SS that I purchased and had installed in a remodel less than 3 years ago. It spins but doesn't grind up even soft food scraps.

I cannot locate the purchase receipt. Does the model number indicate a time frame that would qualify for in home repair? Or is there something I can do that has any chance of getting this thing working again?

Thanks, XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
you may have a bad grinding disk plate in this. Part 815719 the problem is these are hard to work on and can be expensive, is this turning at all by itself?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I am not sure what you mean by "turning by itself". When I throw the switch, the disposal makes a noise similar to that of a normal disposal and I can see the plate you show spinning.

My choice here is to have go after an Insinkerator warranty without the receipt or get a replacement. I am not interested in anything that I can't repair myself. Do you know how I contact Insinkerator regarding warranty work?

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
you can call,(NNN) NNN-NNNNand tell them the model and serial # XXXXX hopefully its covered. herees the website also, hope this helps, thanks Bryan