Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

The machine operates OK in the wash......agitate....cycles

The machine operates OK in the wash......agitate....cycles but does not spin and contines to run through entire timing cycle but ...if you manually move the timer to a spin, after wash or rinse designation, it will spin. HELP!

We think that the lid switch is OK because when we lift the lid during wash, machine stops.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  applianceguy replied 7 years ago.
Hi, what is the make and model # ? Does the washer drain?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Maytag MAV6200AWW, serial XXXXXXXXX

By manually advancing the timer to different cycles, and "trying different spots" I can get it to drain, so I conclude the pump is OK, the drain is not plugged, etc
I will opt out so another tech may help you. I am not real familiar with this model. Do not respond to this post. Wait for another tech to pick up your question.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

these lid switches can sometimes move and not connect correctly when the lid is shut,

Part 916383is the timer moving to the rinse and spin and then stops? are you getting cold water in this? put the machine on cold water wash and fill it . let me know if it fills. thanks Byan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The timer moves to the end of the complete cycle - it just agitates all the way to the end, and leaves the drum full of the original fill water.

Using cold/cold on the water selection.

At the start of a cycle, it fills and agitates normally.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok I'm seding you the diagrams so you can check the switch. its part # XXXXX on this diagram , these have a plunger that controls the switch ,these plungers have been changed , the old ones wear out and dont push the switch in all the way, the switch is up under the control panel, try letting maching get to the spin and push the switch in and see if it spins and drains, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Are U suggesting the switch works when it is agitating, but doesn't work when the SPIN cycle comes around? The machine does NOT pause when it comes time to SPIN - just keeps on agitating.

Is the plunger on the door worn, or the portion of the switch which the door plunger contacts worn?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well now that you say it just continues to agitate all the way to the end of the cycle this sounds like a timer problem, so it agitates all the way until it shuts off at the end of the wash cycle?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes
That's what I said at 8:58
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.