Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I am working on a Frigidaire Stove model# FGF316DSD which was

I am working on a Frigidaire Stove model# XXXXX which was inadvertently plugged into 220 volts ( it is a 120volt system) and since then the oven won't heat. I found the igniter broken and a new one was installed. However, the oven still would not come on, everything else appears to be normal. I did and ohmeter check to the part where the gas enters the oven and when I turn the oven switch on I can get continuity up to one sid of this part, but not on the other side. Could this item be faulty?

Best Regards
C Riley
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
the most likely cuase is the gas safety valve. Part 300if you put 220 volts to this you will blow the valve. I believe after reading your comments this is your problem. there is no selector switch in this oven so we can eliminate that. your gas safety valve is what I would replace. you can order this here. http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-FGF316DSD-%3d%3dei300&PartID=300 thanks Bryan