Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Kenore electric dryer rund intermittanly- when it stops, the

Kenore electric dryer rund intermittanly- when it stops, the light inside the drum goes out- looking for possible cause.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok, did you mean it runs then stops all by itself or does it just not start sometimes?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
BOth. It will sometimes run for a few minutes abd cut off, sometimes it will not start when cold, and sometimes it will rtun all day like a champ
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok you may have a door switch issue, theswe door switches can sometimes work and somtimes not. this would also explain the light, Part 528948change this and it should be fine, you can get this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-110.60812290-%3d%3dei528948&PartID=528948 for around $16.00, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks! Is there a way for me to test that before I switch it out?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well the problem with that is it only fails sometimes so testing would be inacurate, you never know if its going to do it. sorry, I'm pretty sure this is the problem, its the only one that makes sense nothing eles runs both the light and the start, thanks Bryan