Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  34 years experience as a repair technician

How do I remove the ice maker. It seems as though it is stuck.

How do I remove the ice maker. It seems as though it is stuck. Had have a rep. replace motor 3/08. Slight grinding noise is present ( gear is plastic )
There ia a 1/4 inch screw on the bottom right back of the ice maker that covers the wiring. When you remove the cover, the ice maker will slide forward, then you can unclip the wiring harness.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What about the other 3 1/4 inch screws on bottom of unit ? I took cover off wire harness and can not pull unit forward.
They just hold the shield on and don't need to be removed. The ice maker should slide forward after you remove the wiring harness cover. The ice maker can get stuck a little from frost though.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you very much. Got unit out and checked gears and they seem fine. Will thaw out and put back in. Wish me luck :-)

Good Luck.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Not getting water into unit. Do I need to wait for a period of time before unit begins working again ?
There is a thermostat that will turn on the motor when it gets to 18 degrees, or you can pour water into the mold to speed things up.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks,I'll wait over night and see what happens.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Monday am,still no ice.

Now I do not see light on for detector/sensor system ( telling if container is full ).

Did you put water in the mold?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Try pushing the light switch 4 times then closing the door, if that doesn't work unplug the fridge for 10 minutes.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sensor light seems to be working. Still not getting any ice. Having service door off right now would not be causing a problem,now would it ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Put water into mold and all I get is noise,like the motor is trying to push out formed ice,but can not. Also,no water is coming down from water source to mold.
What position are the fingers pointing?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
They are down now and "stuck" in ice in mold ( ice from water I pored in )
Use a hair dryer to heat up the ice maker while it is still plugged in so it will release the cubes and reset.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Did that. Fingers went around and are now in up position. Ice container is calling for ice ( sensor red ) but no water is coming into mold.
Check to see if the inlet is frozen and blocked with ice. The sensor will flash, then pause, which is normal.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If it is,do I use hair dryer to try and "unfreeze" ?
Yes, although you can squeeze the end coming out with pliers to break the exposed part of the line.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No blockage.I'm just not sure sensor is working all the time.

Sometimes it is blinking and other times on all the time,as ice bin is empty,but just checking again,it is not on.Switching on/off 4 times did not work. Shutting off unit for ten mins. seemed to work for awhile.

One time after using hair dryer,fingers kept going around continuosly.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Help!!!! Any more ideas,or do I just call in a service man ??
Hidden in the kickplate there should be a tech sheet for the ice maker explaining what the blinking means.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Are you talking about the evaporator cover inside back of freezer ?
No along the bottom front under the doors.