Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  34 years experience as a repair technician

I have a Whirpool side by side, #ED5PHA, the freezer defrosted

I have a Whirpool side by side, #ED5PHA, the freezer defrosted and the fridge is just cool. Checked the back to make sure fan is still on, it is. Do you know what this could be from?
Your relay has probably failed, what you hear is the overload tripping. If you get a new relay/overload it will probably fix your problem. What is the complete model number?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
model # XXXXX the fridge is ED5PHA. Model # XXXXX the condenser is EGY 90HLP. It says it's a 115-127V, 60 Hz. The only other #'s are on the bottom of the bar code. Left side is XXXXXXXXX Right is K03RTNCE.
The model number should be on a sticker in the fresh food section on the right side wall near the top.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Duh! Sorry. ED5PHAXMB00
Here is the link for the part #13 on the diagram. PARTS&documentId=W0306014&blt=06
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do I just cut the wires off of the old one and strip the ends and push into the new one? If that doesn't resolve it, what else could it be?
No, the wires just plug onto the new one, you probably have a cover over the terminals, which can be removed to access the part. If this doesn't solve your problem, you have a bad compressor and need a new fridge, unless it's less than 5 years old and may have a sealed system warranty.