Dave
Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  34 years experience as a repair technician
20703114

My dish washier is not drying the dishes and water collect

My dish washier is not drying the dishes and water collect in the bottom of the dish washer. What is wrong with the dish washer?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Dave replied 7 years ago.
Is this a GE dishwasher? If so the model number would begin with GSD or something similar.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes. it is a GE Triton Profiler. Where do I find the model number?
Expert:  Dave replied 7 years ago.

On the side edge of the unit, when you open the door.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
GSD5130D02WW
Expert:  Dave replied 7 years ago.
The first thing to check is for a blockage at the air-gap, if you have one, remove the cover and then the center plastic piece to check for blockage. The other drain problem can be cause by part #564 on the link I am sending. It is under the back screen in the center, which can be accessed by removing 4 1/4 inch screws, then unscrewing the drain piston. It should have a conical gasket that covers the hole when you push up on the piston. These get worn causing drain problems. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getSubComp.pd?modelNumber=GSD5130D02WW&productCategoryId=0130000&brandId=0432&modelName=DISHWASHER&diagramPageId=00002&componentDescription=BODY PARTS&documentId=G0120078&blt=06