Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I have a front load clothes washer, the frigidaire affinity,

Customer Question

I have a front load clothes washer, the frigidaire affinity, that doesn't spin the water out of the clothes about 75% of the time. It doesn't matter what cycle I choose.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hello, This sounds like to me you have a problem with the spin control board. Remove the panel under the door and to the right you should see a tech sheet next to the pump. Depending on the age of this washer there will be instructions on running the diagnostic program. Run the diagnostic program and this should confirm a problem with the spin control board. If the machine does not have a diagnostic program the tech sheet will give you instructions on testing the spin control board with a multi/volt/ohms meter. You should follow the instructions which i think will point to the spin control board. The spin control board is located at the rear right screwed to the floor of the machine. Hope This Helps! Mike
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My washer does not have a panel under the door. The front is a solid piece. We have the washer which was a step up I believe. It's LTF6000ESI.

I need to call a repair man for this, correct? What does this cost to fix?

Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Ok well the tech sheet can be found by removing the top of the washer, Have included a schematic. the spin control is part # XXXXX Not sure how much it's going to cost in your part of the country but if I were going to fix this it would cost around $300. Mike
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi do you have any other questions for me? if not please don't forget to hit the ACCEPT button. Thanks! Mike