Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

While try to remove one of the light bulbs I shorted it enough

While try to remove one of the light bulbs I shorted it enough to blow the breaker. I replaced both bulbs reset the breaker and now the lights won't work. Everthing else is wokes fine? It is a Spacemaker XL 1400 Eterna Series.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
This is a very common mistake unfortunately and they really should put a label on the light bulb frame to warn people. If you change your light bulbs out with the power plugged in, you will short ot the relay on your control board. You now can only fix the issue by replacing your display control board which is about $150-200 usually.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
That is a pretty general statement. Everting else works on the on the microwave with the exception of the lights. It seems to me that if the board was burnt out something other than the lights would not function?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
no not correct. And again, I stated that the relay on the board was shorted. It happens all the time when people do the same thing as what you did. The board itself will still function because the only part on the board that shorted was the "light relay". There are about 10 relays, there is a fan relay, a magnetron relay, and interior light relay, a turntable relay... etc...