John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a Kenmore refridgerator/freezer with an icemaker that

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore refridgerator/freezer with an icemaker that stopped making ice about 24 hours ago. This is a top freezer and is about 20.0 cubic feet. The arm is in the make ice position.
I popped the cover off of the front of the ice maker to see if the electric motor was turning. The drive gear was turning. The drive gear was not meshing with the drive gear. The drive gear popped off easily and was barely on the motor shaft. I then pushed it back on until it meshed with the driven gear. Nothing now moves yet. There is ice in the forming trays. Should I do something more?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer's for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

The model number on Kenmore or Sears products consist of 10 digits usually, the first 3 digits tell us who made it for them and the remainder is the model number, please send the model number in the following format: (NNN) NNN-NNNN this will allow Just Answer to display the number and not think it is a phone number and X it out like this XXXXXXXXXX,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Where do I find this?
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I can help you with this, Please give me the model number, as the other expert indicated it will look something like this 110.97647326 I have included a illustration that may help you locate the model number. Mike