Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

I just installed a new replacement M1 ice maker for my 1996

I just installed a new replacement M1 ice maker for my 1996 side by side Frigidaire. My model # XXXXX XXXXX It has been in for over 24 hours and has not made ice. I am n ow concerned that the supply voltage may be the issue, but do not know where to start looking. This ice maker did have a pigtail with an adapter to fit my refrigerator. The original ice maker had a plg on it and not a pigtail wire with a plug. I have removed the front cover and placed marks on both gears to determone if power is present. So far (within the last hour) the gears have not moved. Is this something I can service, or better left to someone else?
is this the icemaker you installed
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes it is
reach over the top of the icemaker and get hold of the fingers that push the ice out and pull over with pressure and hold and it should start to run ,, let me know
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes it just started. It would have beennice if the insructions sent with the ice maker gave that little tid bit. If it does not fill, then I assume I also have a water valve issue, would this be correct?
you are correct ,, part numberNNN-NN-NNNNwhich cost $52.99 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer or online at / thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX one revolution and I assume if it does not fill soon that I will need to relace the water valve as you noted. Thanks a million.
you are most welcome