MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
24031813

we have a 4 year old ge gas cooktop and while cleaning it the

we have a 4 year old ge gas cooktop and while cleaning it the igniters started sparking. it is a glasstop five burner.
Unplug the unit. Remove the knobs. Using a hair dryer on low, blow down at the valves for several minutes until they are dry. If you know wich one got water in it do that one first. Plug it back in to test. Thank you...
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
We are doing the hair dryer thing... but becasue it is built-in I don't know how to unplug it.
I just turned off the breaker. the ignighter still is clicking only very low (the sound), when I put the burners back on they start sparking again. not as bad as initially but still there. should it eventualy dry?
Yes. If you have the power off, you can light the burners with a match. Let them run close to low for five minutes and this will dry off the ignitors. Don't use the burners and hair dryer at the same time. Drying under the knobs will take a bit. Heat them up and let it set then come back and do it again.