Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Kenmore Coldspot Refridgerator, 106.57762791. The refridgerator

Kenmore Coldspot Refridgerator, 106.57762791. The refridgerator is acting strangely.

- Recently seemed to be turning on and shutting off in 1-2 second intervals, with a clicking sound every time it shut off.
- Now seems to be running continuously, at least the fan is.
- Freezer side stays very cold, but the refridgerator side is slightly warm, even when I adjust the control know that directs more cold air to the refridgerator side.
- I opened the back to vacuum the rear and it seems the compressor is warm, almost hot (not sure if that is normal).

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
when the fan is running inside the freezer and the compressor is on, do you feel any air at all coming in through the air vent inside the refrigerator?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, I do feel air coming through the vent at the top of the refridge section.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
ok perfect. This is how the refrigerator cools, so if it's got air coming in then it's controling the fan and air vent properly. That being said, the clicking noise that you were hearing every 1-2 minutes is the compressor overload relay kicking off. This part often goes bad and it will stop the compressor from running. Here is a link to the part you will need to order and replace. The overload/relay is located on the side of the compressor and looks like a plastic box with wires going into it.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok, while i'm in there replacing parts, are there other parts that I might as well change out that would be a good idea to replace?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
no. But if you pull the front toe panel off under the doors, you may need to clean the coils if they have gotten very dusty.