MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
24031813

I have a Maytag Gemini Advanced Cooking System. It has two

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Gemini Advanced Cooking System. It has two ovens and flat top burners (electric). The display is scrolling a message that says F 1-7 and to call Maytag. The burners work, but I cannot turn the ovens on because the display unit and corresponding buttons are not functioning. Can you tell me what may be wrong and any corrective actions? Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 7 years ago.
Can you get the model# XXXXX me, please. I think on yours if you feel behind the control panel there will be a little flag that lifts up. It should start with "MER"
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
MER6772BAQ

The code says the membrane(touch pad) is disconnected. This means the control is bad. Remove power from unit for 5-minutes to see if this will reset the computer. If not check your owner's manual to see if there is a warranty on the board. If there is you will have to call maytag for service. If not use the parts link below.

Click here for parts

Thank you...

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I do not know if this will fix the problem until I find and purchase the part
Have you tried to reset the computer yet?