Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Dear Larry, Last night my Tappan stove Model no 30-4980-00/02

Dear XXXXX,

Last night my Tappan stove Model no 30-4980-00/02 started beeping and showing the code F5 when
i was making pasta. I thought is might have been the steam.

I tried pushing all the button which would stop it for a bit and then it would beep again - incessantly!
I unplugged it overnight but this morning when I plugged it in it started beeping again...

HELP!!!

Thank you very much!
unfortunately the steam may have been the culprit for this error. Since you've already tried unplugging the unit and letting it dry out, you will need to replace the ERC/EOC (the display board). This error just means that the display board has detected and internal short and it will need to be replaced. Here is the verbage from the manufacturer.

F5 or F6 or F7 EOC (Electronic Oven Control) failure Replace EOC(Electronic Oven Control)

This part is not longer available either as can be seen here.

CLICK HERE

So if you still intended to fix your clock you would need to mail it into a company like Appliancetimers.com and they can refurbish and fix your old clock.