John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I am replacing the motor on my Maytag washer Mod # LA310. The

I am replacing the motor on my Maytag washer Mod # XXXXX The motor is part #12002351. The washer has six wires and the new motor has 5 wires. Can you tell me which colors connect to which? The red, black, yellow, and white wires have corresponding wires on the new replacement motor but the blue on the motor has no mate on the washer and the orange and brown on the washer have no mate on the motor. Is the blue on the motor a ground? Are the brown and orange on the washer left open?
Thanks for your help - the laundry piles up!
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The repair part #s for the replacement motor are 12002351, 12002352, 12002353, 12002752. The instruction sheet says to desregard the two extra remaining wires for as they are for two speed motors. The washer has a permanent press spin cycle so I guess the original motor was two speed. Does this mean I have the wrong motor?

Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
You have a 2 sp motor in that washer and your tring to hook up a one speed.So you need the harness that came with the motor you got.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

So you are saying I have the wrong motor? But I can hook it up right? That would mean I lose the slow speed spin right? I still have the brown/orange/blue wires left over - what do I do with them?

Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
No you cant hook it up you have a single speed motor and you need the 2 speed motor.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX dealer said this was the correct motor. I hope he will take it back and sell me the correct one. More cost and aggravation than the washer is worth.

Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
You have to have the motor for that model .All the numbers you sent me is for a single speed motor.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

http://www.partselect.com/AdvancedModelSearch.aspx?ModelNum=LA310&mfgModelNum=&fkMfgID=1

Heres the breakdown of the model number you sent me .And the motor I sent you is the correct motor for that model.