Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I own a whirpool dish washer model - gu1500xtlq1 serial fp1010043

I own a whirpool dish washer model - gu1500xtlq1 serial fp1010043 the dishes seam to come out clean but the silverware comes out with a white film. Any idea why?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
it's just easier to see the film on the silverware than other dishes (minues the glasses). If you're getting film on your silverware you might want to clean out your sump. Next, run a cycle with a cup of vinegar and no dishes. Just place the cup upwards in the top rack and choose a normal cycle. It will then poor over cup as the cycle goes on. Then use cascade powder and jet dry turbo for best results in the future.

OK so I've included a breakdown of the pump below so you can see how to take it apart and reassemble it.

First thing you need to do is take out the bottom rack. After that you need to remove the bottom wash arm. To do this, grab the center plastic nut with your pliers and spin the washarm off. Next, you must take off the arm that goes to the back feed line. This comes out by turning the arm about 45-50 degrees in the clockwise direction. It clips onto the back arm so unclip it as you are turning it. You have to turn HARD, do not worry the plastic is sturdy and will not break. Just remove that arm and also the plastic nut.

Ok now we're down to where the picture shows us. There are 4 torx screws holding on number 1. Remove these screws and pull up on number 1 to take it out.

After that you will see all the rest of the parts. You must take number 8 off. There is one screw holding the plastic cover number 8. Remove this and DO NOT remove number 6. That is the part you are trying to get to. That part CAN NOT be easily reinstalled so just clean the screen with a toothbrush, but please do not remove it because it's very difficult to install and I have no tips on how to do so--- it's just a battle.

That should be about everything.