MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology

I have a GE Profile range. We ran the self-cleaning cycle yesterday

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile range. We ran the self-cleaning cycle yesterday and when it finished and cooled down the door lock disengaged and all was well. A few minutes later the "Locked Door" message started flashing, even though the self-clean feature was no longer on. We've pressed off and it won't go off. Sometimes the door opens and sometimes it won't. There is an light intermittent clicking sound and whirring sound. It sounds like the oven is trying to disengage the lock but can't. We unplugged the oven for several hours, but when we plugged it in the same thing started. We also ran the self-cleaning cycle again for a few minutes and then turned it off, but the same thing has happened. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 6 years ago.
Can you get the model # XXXXX me please?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It sounds like the lock has been damaged be the heat of self clean. It will need to be replace. Unplug the unit and remove the control panel to gain access to the lock. Below is a link for parts.

Click here for parts

Thank you..