Neilwill
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years experience appliance repair and installation

model dwsr485ea1ww how do i replace drum rollers and belt

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Neilwill replied 4 years ago.
Hi ya robin,

The step that a technician takes when reaching under the drum would be to release the belt from the idler and motor pulley as shown in the image below. Make sure that you have unplugged the dryer before accessing internal components. Once the belt is released, you should be able to pull the drum out and access the rollers.

The belt will need to be replaced in a similar manner when reassembling the dryer.

Click this link that says " Dryer belt video " for link to dsee video

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
did not answer how to get inside the dryer
Expert:  Neilwill replied 4 years ago.
If you click on the words dryer belt video below highlighted in blue green,and patiently watch the video, it will show you how to take the dryer apart. Top, and front ETC....

Click this link that says " Dryer belt video " for link to see videographic

Edited by Neilwill on 11/1/2009 at 2:45 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was willing to pay for the assistance

but I will not pay to play a video.

if you cannot tell me how to open the

front of the dryer, you have been no help

Expert:  Neilwill replied 4 years ago.
The video is clear and easy and fast for you. but if you insist.

In the front of the dryer on each side right and left , where the top meets the front you need to use a flat screwdriver or a putty knife to slide into the crack between the top and the front about 1 inch from both sides and press a clip inward until it releases the op which you can lift up and back like a cars hood, when both clips are released.
Then there are two screws to remove inside on each corner of the dryer front in order to remove the front which will lift off after both screws are removed. (BE CAREFUL NOT TO CUT YOUR NAND THE EDGES INSIDE THE MACHINE ARE RAZER SHARP)
then you can lift the drum out and expose the rollers too. from there you will easily see how the rollers can be removed. Do the opposite to put it back together.

If you never did this before when putting the belt on you must watch the video to under stand how the tension pulley fits into a slot on the bottom under the drum and the belt is routed. if not you may pull your hair out trying to figure that part out.

video needed for belt routing

Edited by Neilwill on 11/1/2009 at 3:24 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i understand how to replace belt, rollers, etc

how do i remove the front housing

this is my last attempt for an answer

Expert:  Neilwill replied 4 years ago.
You need to read the whole message.
In this explination is the prosedure to remove the front housing.

Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 10 years experience appliance repair and installation