How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask applianceguy Your Own Question
applianceguy, Customer Service
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 1902
Experience:  Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
applianceguy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My washer (Kenmore 110-24642300) filled with wter and will

This answer was rated:

My washer (Kenmore 110-24642300) filled with wter and will now not do anything else. It will not progress through cylses or go to another cycle manually. I have looked online and think it might be a lid switch problem, but is there a way that I can drain the tub before getting the lid switch checkd.
Hi, look on the front of the control panel, the end caps pull off. Under the end caps there is a screw under each one. Remove the screws and flip the control panel up. Under the control panel to the left is the plug in for the lid switch. Unplug the lid switch and jump out the wire harness.When you go to replace the lid switch you will need to remove the clips that are under the control panel. Insert a flat screwdriver into the front of the clips and push toward the back of washer. now open the lid and pull cabinet toward you and off. Look at how clips are in b/4 removing. Make sure unit is unpluged b/4 doing any work.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I had seen online how to get to the switch, but I cannot get to the plug without draining the tub. It is too heavy while full.I wanted to know if there is a way to drain the tub without replacing the switch.
You do not need to drain the tub to get to the plug for the lid switch. After you jump out the plug you can drain the water. To get to the plug you are just flipping up the control panel.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK, I flipped up the control panel. How do I find the plug for the lid switch. And am I just going to bypass it for now? I don't have a replacement.
The plug for the door switch is the one that plugs into the cabinet, it should be on the left back corner of the cabinet. Yes you need to jump it out for now until you get the new switch. If someone opens the lid with the wires jumped out the washer will not stop and can hurt someone. I would recommend only using the jumper wire to drain the washer, then wait until you get the new lid switch b/4 using it again.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX will still only fill....any other suggestions?
Did you jump out the switch with a piece of wire ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I pulled out the plastic connector
All you did was disconnect the lid switch, you now have to use a wire and jump it out. You need to have a piece of wire and strip it back at both ends so the copper is showing. Then you have to put the wire into each end of the plug that goes to the control panel. The timer will now think the lid is closed.
applianceguy and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you!
You are welcome.