MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology

Good morning, I have a Whirlpool Thin Set washer/dryer. Model

Good morning, I have a Whirlpool Thin Set washer/dryer. Model number is XXXXX 21000. My (soon to be ex) roommate loaded the washer WAY to heavy and now the silly thing won't spin. Just sits and makes a clicking (?) sound. I'm not very "handy" but would try my best to follow any advice and instructions you may offer.

Thanks, Sally
Does it agitate? Does it drain and not spin?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Cool, who would think typing could pay enough to live on! It does agitate. And it appears to drain some of the water but does not spin at all.

Thank you

It sounds the the basket drive has broken the actuator that releases the brake to allow I you want let me know and I will send you a service manual.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is there some way I can SEE for myself if this is the problem? Would you be so kind as to tell me which numbers on the image indicate the "basket drive" and the "actuator."
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Perhaps I'm using this forum incorrectly?
#1. It is located on top of the transmission. You using this correctly. To see the problem you will have to remove the front and watch for the clutch to spin. If it makes the click for every spin of the clutch it is a bad basket drive. There are two spring clips that hold down the top. Use a putty knife to release them. Then the two screws that hold on the front panel just inside the top. Lift up on the front panel to release it from the hooks. You will have access to see the tranny and clutch.