Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

My Neptune washer/dryer came with the house when we bought

My Neptune washer/dryer came with the house when we bought it. It developed a water leak which turned out to be the inside door panel had worn a hole in it,from the drum I assume. My question is what is worn if the drum is rubbing on the inside door panel, there is a slight squeal/grunt when reversing direction during wash cycle? And while I'm in there is the wax motor affected in my stacked unit? I have not had any spin issues yet.
Thanks for your help
Bob [email protected]
Bob,
I cannot tell u about the mechanics, but can tell u that our home also came with washer and dryer. In our closing we received a home warranty. The home warranty covered repairs to the washer. I don't know if u got a warranty, but worth it!
I will opt out so u get the specific answer u wanted.
Kali
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It's been almost three years since house purchase.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
I have a Maytag Neptune stacked unit, it developed a water leak last year from the washer inside door panel (worn through plastic), from the drum I assume, I replaced the inner door panel and there may be signs of some wear happining again, what might be the problem? I am also hearing a grunt/squeal noise when the washer is changing directions during a wash cycle. The unit Model #MLE2000AYW. And while I'm on the subject is the wax motor/board problem affected on this unit?

On the neptune washer the rear bearing goes out on them, this is a very expensive repair, in the neighborhood of $300 for just the parts, You will need to replace the outer tub assembly as the bearings are not replaceable individually. the labor cost for this will be in the range of $129 to $175 to have some one do it for you...

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from contnue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I can answer any questions that you have about neptunes, what would you like to know?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can that grunt/squeal during wash cycles reversing direction be coming from that drum bearing. Do you have a part vendor to purchase the drum. Is my unit affected by the problem wax motor/ circuit board issues?
The wax motor/ control board issues were with specific models of Neptune washers, however this would not cause the problem that you have...I would need the complete model number and serial number to get you the part numbers that you will need to repair your unit...It should begin with MLE or MDG for the most part...
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

All I have right now is the Model# XXXXX and if you need serial # XXXXX will have to get you that tomorrow, if thats ok.

I know the wax motor/circuit board is not my problem right now, but if I m going to take it apart I would like to repair all.

The part number for the outer tub is 22004465 and the wax motor part number is XXXXX You can order the parts you need from the following places, http://www.apwagner.com/, http://www.repairclinic.com/, or http://www.partstore.com/, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for thier items. I would not change out the control board, replacing the wax motor will prevent the control board from going bad, you can click on the blue link below and download the service manual for your unit. Just click on the blue link..

https://share.acrobat.com/adc/document.do?docid=855ce138-f0d3-4f1d-ae8d-f064853d52a5

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Chas

Thanks for your help, very much appreciated

Bob

You are welcome, let me know how it goes for you.

Chas