Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a LG GR 359SQ Multi air flow fr/freezer, working ok

Customer Question

I have a LG GR 359SQ Multi air flow fr/freezer, working ok but it gathers water under the bottom drawer which freezes up. Should this drain away or evaporate. Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
it should never gather there. You will need to remove everything out of the unit inside and take off the back panel where the water is coming from. Once you remove the panel you will see that there is water building up and ice freezing over the drain hose. Use a hair dryer to thaw this out and make sure the drain line is draining.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I removed the back panel (lower one) the drip tray has been dry forever. The drain pipe pulled down a touch and this released water. Can this pipe be pulled out to clear or do I have to get in from the front
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
you can get it from behind the unit if you remove the lower access panel, but generally blowing compressed air through the drain line is the best way to clear the drain line out.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The drip tube seemes to be the fault. I tried to clear this with a plastic tube but it will not go through the drip tube . There is a black fitting on the end which is not in reach without major part removal
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
it could be but compressed air if you have an air compressor will clear the tube as stated before.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Took the pipe out, non return flap holding debris. Replaced the pipe at rear of tray for future access. Thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
no problem and best of luck to you friend.