Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a designer fit gold refrigetrator and the ice maker

I have a designer fit gold refrigetrator and the ice maker was jamming and has stopped working. Is there a way to reset the ice maker?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer's for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

THis should be located inside the fresh food section of the unit, usually on a white label...

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Serial # XXXXX SR4530368

Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.
The fingers on the ice maker that removes the cubes from it, how far above the cube tray are they now?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

There facing down in the cube tray. After the ice built up in the tray and the fingers weren't moving I melted that ice which in the past help reset but no the fingers are not moving and the water is not filling in.

Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

THe motor module in the ice maker is bad, this should be about 1 inch above the tray, the part number for this is w10190935, You can order the parts you need from the following places,,, or, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for thier items.

it is item 25 in the diagram below.

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from contnue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=