Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Maytag Clothes Dryer MD-21 does not stay hot and the control

Maytag Clothes Dryer MD-21 does not stay hot and the control knob does not advance. I checked the Gas, filter and exhaust is clear. It gets hot when it is turned out but does not stay hot, what should I check next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer's for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

The model number should be located inside the door of the unit..

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The model number is XXXXX it does not get very hot or stay hot.

Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

The problem is with the booster/holding and secondary coils on your gas valve. When they fail they will light one time but not relight after, this is part number 279834, You can order the parts you need from the following places,,, or, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for thier items.

It is items 7 & 8 in the diagram below.

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from contnue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Part 3479