How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, restaurant equipment technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 2136
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My white Fisher Paykel fridge has just had a nasty gash/scratch

This answer was rated:

My white Fisher Paykel fridge has just had a nasty gash/scratch made in the door on the front. Is it possible to repair? It is a few years old now but in perfect condition other than that and I am most upset.

The best way to repair damage to appliance panels is to use the same techniques as you would use on automobile body damage. First, clean and sand the area, then fill the gap with a product such as BONDO filler. If the gash is large, use fiberglass material as a 'bandage' to cover the opening, then fill the area with the filler.

When the materials have had time to cure, sand the excess material to make it even with the undamaged surface. When you're satisfied with the match, paint the entire surface with a matching spray paint.

It's a labor intensive process, but it will save replacing the whole door assembly. Anyone who likes refinishing cars can assist you with the job.

If my answer helps you, please click the accept button.

Thank you for choosing justanswer.

John and 2 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you