John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

My white Fisher Paykel fridge has just had a nasty gash/scratch

My white Fisher Paykel fridge has just had a nasty gash/scratch made in the door on the front. Is it possible to repair? It is a few years old now but in perfect condition other than that and I am most upset.

The best way to repair damage to appliance panels is to use the same techniques as you would use on automobile body damage. First, clean and sand the area, then fill the gap with a product such as BONDO filler. If the gash is large, use fiberglass material as a 'bandage' to cover the opening, then fill the area with the filler.

When the materials have had time to cure, sand the excess material to make it even with the undamaged surface. When you're satisfied with the match, paint the entire surface with a matching spray paint.

It's a labor intensive process, but it will save replacing the whole door assembly. Anyone who likes refinishing cars can assist you with the job.

If my answer helps you, please click the accept button.

Thank you for choosing justanswer.