Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.

Tappan range model tgf336asf Oven wont light. new iginitor

Customer Question

Tappan range model tgf336asf Oven won't light. new iginitor #530395006 measures 177 Ohms but there's no voltage to it when calling for ignition.
What am I missing? thanks "h"
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy replied 6 years ago.

Hello, I am here to assist you. So by your write-up I can assume that you checked for 120vac at the connector for the ignitor and did not get 120vac. If that is the case then unfortunately you have a bad electronic control board. I am going to send you a diagram that is the wiring schematic for your range. On it you will see that the ignitor gets the 120vac from the electronic control. You need to replace the control to fix your issue. Sorry about the bad news and let me know if I can assist you any further.