The pressure tank above my water heater has a pin hole in the

The pressure tank above my water heater has a pin hole in the bottom. It is leaking onto the heater. I have turned off the heater, turned off the cold water intake but it is still leaking. Will it stop when the over flow tank is empty?
This sounds like an expansion tank and IF you live in a single story home and it is on the same level as the rest of the house it will stop, however, if it is in a basement or two story home it will not stop until all pipes are drained!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Does that mean I won't have any water in the entire house? FYI, I am a 74yo woman with only bare knowledge of plumbing! I only turned off the cold water intake pipe to the heater.

NO not necessarily, however you do indeed need a plumber. I can not tell how the plumbing was installed in your home. At minimum you will have not hot water. You did the right thing in shutting of the supply! GOOD JOB!