Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  34 years experience as a repair technician

The condensation is in the bottom of the freezer and has iced

The condensation is in the bottom of the freezer and has iced up. Why will not my icemaker come on and the handle will not stay on.
Is the back wall of the freezer covered in frost? What is your model number?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, my model number is XXXXX
Check to see if your defrost drain is clogged, that will cause ice in the bottom of the freezer.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is frosting up in the back and my neighbor is checking the defrost drain. my icemaker handle fell off and will not stayon and it has been turned off for several months
Are you talking about the wire bail?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There is no freezing in the back, but dripping around the controls, and where the light is on the top drawer.. My icemaker has not worked for severao months as the lever to keep it up will not stay in place. It is where the air goes out and where the light switch is.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, according to my neighnor, there is frost on the back wall, and condensaton where the switch and light is. also, where the air goes in and out.
The defrost drain is behind the back panel inside the freezer. The end of the ice bail goes into a small white piece. That sounds like you have an air leak with the condensation.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
my neighbor is going over for his toolbox, and i will let you know where we stand with this Godzilla refrigerator. It was in the house when I bought it five years ago, so, far, my home warranty co. has paid for two comressors and condensers.. So far, no clogged defrost drain.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
He wiped everything out and no clogged drain,he adjusted the drawers and hopefully thiswill help.