Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a Bosch AXXIS dryer model WTE86300US which has worked

I have a Bosch AXXIS dryer model WTE86300US which has worked fine for almost two years and recently we have been having problems with the drain light coming on and stppign the drying process.
What do I need to do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 7 years ago.
Hello if the drain light is coming on the unit is not draining a couple reasons can cause this. Either the drain hose is too long or to far down the stand pipe creating a siphon. Of the drain pump on the left hand side of the unit is going bad or clogged with debris. You have to remove the top back and then the left side will come off so you can investigate the drain pump.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How long should the drain hose be, and or how much extra play should there be in the hose. There is a distance of about 22" from the dryer drain to the stand pipe.

How far down the stand pipe should the the drain hose go?

Regarding the drain pump when and if I check that out will it be somewhat easy to see that its either clogged or going bad?

If the pump is bad is this an item that can be replaced pretty easily or should this be down by an expert?
The drain hose should be as short as possible sounds like it is 22 in is fine. It should not go down farther then 10 inches. Well the hard part will be getting to it once inside you will just have to pop the motor out and look at the impeller for something stopping it. I do not know how handy you are but if you make it to the inside you can tackle this.