Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  34 years experience as a repair technician

my ice maker is jammed. It makes cubes,but the cubes cant

my ice maker is jammed. It makes cubes,but the cubes can't through the chute into the glass. How can I unjame the chute?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Dave replied 6 years ago.

What is your model number?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Expert:  Dave replied 6 years ago.
Is the ice flap opening, is the dispenser motor running or making a noise? There are several letters missing from the end of your model number
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ice flap does'nt appear to open since no ice gets thru. motor runs and ice falls into chute but does not come out.
Expert:  Dave replied 6 years ago.
There is a solenoid valve that opens the ice chute.You would need to replace that part. If you remove the front of the dispenser display, it just pops off. There are 2 slots along the bottom edge, behind that are 4 screws holding on the small circuit board, then you can see the solenoid on the right side. If you send me your complete model number, I'll send you a link with the picture and part I described.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The only no. that I can find is PSS26MG. It is a GE PROFILE Model approx. 4 yrs. old.
Expert:  Dave replied 6 years ago.
It should be on a sticker in the fresh food section. Here is a link to one of the models. The solenoid is part #36. DOOR&documentId=G0306322&blt=06
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Addl' letters found = PACC
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Addl. letters = PACC
Expert:  Dave replied 6 years ago.
It's the same part #36, butmhere is the link to your model. DOOR&documentId=G0306322&blt=06