Eric, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory/company training at MAJOR retailer, now owns and operates an appliance repair business.
10734586

How do I light the plilot light on a Kenmore Elite gas dryer(stock

How do I light the plilot light on a Kenmore Elite gas dryer(stock #73932)? What is the secret to getting the lower front cover off of the dryer?

Thanks,

Clarence
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Eric replied 7 years ago.
Hello!
Please verify your model number. It will be on a tag behind the door and will start with a "110" most likely. I will assume its a 11073932100 and give you instructions accordingly. They are all pretty much the same. The trick to getting the toe panel off on this type of dryer is to use a putty knife, inserted in the area of index # XXXXX in the diagram, pressing down to release the spring-loaded clips on both sides.Then pull out on the top of that panel and lift it off the machine. Now as far as pilot light, there is no pilot light. This machine uses a glow-type igintior and now that you have the toe-panel off, you should be able to see the entire burner assembly now
. Here is a picture of your burner assembly and its associated components:
graphic
graphic

You can run this machine with that panel off to further isolate problems you are having. Please let me know if you need further information about this dryer.
Thanks!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The mod # XXXXX
Expert:  Eric replied 7 years ago.
Thanks. That is the same machine. Did you follow the instructions?