Dave
Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  34 years experience as a repair technician
20703114

We moved into a home with Dacor appliances. My lower oven

We moved into a home with Dacor appliances. My lower oven on the double door Dacor does not work at all - broiler or oven. The top oven works wonderfully. The manual refers to a lock - can it be locked?

Thanks,
Mary
There is a reset swich behind the panel where the door lock is, turn off the power, the remove the panel and you should see a thermostat with 2 wires. There should be a red reset button in the center.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your speedy reply! I apologize for my delay, but I had to run out for the day. I freely admit to being a technomoron, and I have a question. The panel that I have to remove - is it the door panel, or something inside the oven by the latch - like the roof? I'm also trying to figure out how to turn off the electric to the stove (could take a while!!!). When you get a chance...

Thanks,
Mary

You need to remove the black vented panen between the ovens, where the latch is located.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Dave,

Thanks yet again. Now I get it! We won't actually implement your suggestion until the weekend, but it makes perfect sense and I hope it will bring the lower oven back to life. The diagram of the oven that Dacor provided was no help at all to the casual homeowner, so I really appreciate your guidance with this matter.

This is my first time on this site and I am very impressed. It's especially nice not to have to listen to more "hold" music and product commercials! If this site has a way to get back to you with our result, I surely will do that.

Enjoy your evening,

Mary

Thank You