Eric, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory/company training at MAJOR retailer, now owns and operates an appliance repair business.

This washer make a loud clicking noise when trying to engage

This washer make a loud clicking noise when trying to engage the spin cycle. If it starts to work (still clicking) it works fine once the washer spin cycle goes into it's second stage speed. Thank you, John
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Eric replied 6 years ago.
HelloCustomer My name is XXXXX XXXXX am happy to help you today!
This is actually a fairly common problem with this model and is a falure of the low speed winding in the motor, not the clutch or gearbox assembly. You must replace the motor with kit part #WH49X10035 which run around $200 from most suppliers and includes the newly designed motor, clutch, mtotr capacitor, relay and lower wire harness. The COMPLETE drive circuit has been redesigned to address this problem and this kit is the result. It is pretty easy to install for the mechanically inclined and comes with instructions. Please let me know if you require further informaton on this.