John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My Kenmore Elite washer will not wash. I am able to select

Customer Question

My Kenmore Elite washer will not wash. I am able to select a cycle and other options. however when I press and hold the START button the washer remains silent and does not attempt to proceed. How do I repari this problem adn what part will I need?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Dave replied 5 years ago.
Are you getting any error codes?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No error codes. It looks as it normlly does.
Expert:  Dave replied 5 years ago.
Does it make any sounds when you press the start button?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No sounds, just silence.

Expert:  Dave replied 5 years ago.
If you look at the door latch, is there a piece broken?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No. It appears to be intact and closes well.
Expert:  Dave replied 5 years ago.
Is the part of the latch that triggers the door latch still there, it is a small cylindrical part about 1/2 inch long on the front panel that gets depressed when the door is closed.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes it is there. It does not appear to be damaged.
Expert:  Dave replied 5 years ago.

Try to run the diagnostic mode. Select drain/spin then set the spin speed to no spin, the press the prewash 4 times. Then C:00 should show up and the diagnostic cycle will start.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

When I press the prewash button it beeps each time and the code C:00 does not appear. It just shows a blinking 0:002. After four attempts I tried press the START button as the last part of your instruction-nothing happened.

I am currently at work and have unplugged the machine. Upon my return home I will restore the power source and try again.

Expert:  Dave replied 5 years ago.
OK
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It still does nothing
Expert:  Dave replied 5 years ago.

Try taking off the cover and unplugging the wiring from the main board and trying the diagnostic cycle again. The tech sheet should be in he bottom of the washer on the right side.