Eric, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory/company training at MAJOR retailer, now owns and operates an appliance repair business.

I have a top loader, about 8 yrs old. The cold water comes

I have a top loader, about 8 yrs old. The cold water comes out fine. But the hot water comes out very slow our just two little lines one on left and one on right. Is the machine clogged in some way, and how to I fix this.
Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Eric replied 6 years ago.
Most likely you have blocked screens on the supply valve. Just remove the fill hoses going to the machine and look for the screens on the supply valve inlets on the washer. They are easy to remove with a pair of needlenose pliers and cleaned with a small toothbrush and some running water. SOMETIMES you also have screens on the SUPPLY side of the hoses at your house supply, but this is rare. They are cleaned the same way. After checking/cleaning the screens, carefully push them back into place and after runnning both hoses into a bucket just to ensure they are both clear of new debris, reinstall them .Most washers will not clog in any other place internally and only on one side anywhere but at the screens, but if you still do not get better pressure , you will need replace the fill valve on the washer.Please let me know if you need further information on this. Thanks!