Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience

MAH2400AWW - what does SUd5 mean

Customer Question

MAH2400AWW - what does SUd5 mean?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 4 years ago.
There may be something in the pump.You need to check it for a blockage.If you remove the back panel.You will see it on the left attached to the floor.Remove the hoses and check for blockage.Water is going to come out when you remove the hoses so have some towels ready.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you Tom...that seems to make sense we will try this...do you have another opinion if this does not work?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Any idea what SUd5 means?...not explained in the manual.
There is a very good chance that that is the problem.If it does not work let me know.It means there is either a blockage or to much soap.9 out of 10 times it is a blockage in the pump.
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 years experience
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Tom,

We vacuumed out the house and started a quick wash cycle...the machine is stock at 21 minutes. The washer was working and now it's not doing anything.

Did you clean out the pump?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

now getting a "nd" error message.

That means no drain.You need to clean the pump.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes...i meant we used a vacuum to clean out the pump. what do you recommend we use...we were able to drain all thate water out. I guess we need to do again...how do we know we have drained or unclogged completely? do we need to stick something inside?
You need to remove the hoses from the pump and check inside it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Tom...there is only one hose. we have unattached the back panel 9 silver/metal piece...we see the fan...there is a hose that comes out by the floor. The panel is the one entire washing machine unit it does not remove. there in no way to un attached the hose. the water is coming out...there does not seem to be a blockage.
Ok at the front bottom is a removable kickplate behind it to the right should be a cap.Remove it and clean it out.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't think we are talking about the same washing machine. we have removed the kickplate...do we need to lift up the washer to see the cap...there is a metal plate covering any cap that is not seen.

See the hole in the right corner that is where it is.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
we are looking for a cap like a cap on a bottle...what does this cap look like?