Neilwill
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years experience appliance repair and installation
25067054

Frigidaire dish washer vent will not close PLD4375RFC0

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Neilwill replied 4 years ago.
Hi ya clipperman,

What is wrong with your dishwahser?
Is it dripping water on your floor near the vent where the steam comes out?
There is no oep or closing of a vent in this dishwasher.
whee did you hear of this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
TURNED ON DISHWASHER ERROR CODE CAME ON .ER-UO WHICH MEANS VENT WILL NOT CLOSE . THATS ALL I KNOW
Expert:  Neilwill replied 4 years ago.
Clipperman,

I just read a repair manual for. UO stands for Vent Open (the display can't make a V so it makes a U). The active vent is not closing when it should be closed the gasket is stuck up in the assembly so sometimes it can seal and sometimes it will not and thus the error. if the machine is still under warranty,You can have the vent replaced at no cost .

If not you will need to have a hands on tech on location remove the dishwasher and access the vent for the cleaning and replacement of the vent gasket.

Edited by Neilwill on 10/26/2009 at 2:56 PM EST
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 10 years experience appliance repair and installation
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
where is the vent located ,i will do it myself?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
where is the vent located ?
Expert:  Neilwill replied 4 years ago.
The vent fan is on the top right hand side at the back of the dishwasher has wires coming down the side. Once I had tthis problem the wires were not conected they had to be plugged in. The Er uo code stopped flashing and the dishwasher started working.
You need to remove the dishwasher to access the vent and fan. Check that the fan wires
are pluged in too.

Edited by Neilwill on 10/26/2009 at 5:03 PM EST
Expert:  Neilwill replied 4 years ago.

This is what the manual says about your problem.

When in a wash cycle the control does not receive the proper indication that
the vent is closed. The control will try to reseat the vent if after 5 attempts
the vent does not close the failure will appear. The cycle will not start.

I am uploading a copy of the manual for your retrival. It has complete diagnostics, disassembly, and repair proceedures.

Got to page 12 for the information you need.

This is a free download site for access to my Frigidaire dishwasher repair manual.
Click on free user and then wait 45 seconds. it will download on to your desktop.
Please click here for the download.

Edited by Neilwill on 10/27/2009 at 12:05 PM EST