MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician

My Maytag Neptune front load washer will not turn on. The

Customer Question

My Maytag Neptune front load washer will not turn on. The ON/PAUSE button and the OFF button do not work. This was an intermittent problem and now, it wont work at all.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 7 years ago.
Sounds like that control went out- it is a one-piece part. Ther are NO fuses in this or reset buttons. As long as you have power to the control then it has failed and would need replacing. Look on ebay for cheapest price on parts.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How can I tell if I have power to the control? The unit has power because the digital settings light up and can be changed. Where is the control located?

Also, Maytag has offered to provide repair parts at half price due to ongoing issues with this model. Do you think it would be cheaper to order from them?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 7 years ago.
You will need to call a MT servicer if they are offering a concession to you. The servicer IS NOT going to put on parts you buy. Everything is in the console.