Eric, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory/company training at MAJOR retailer, now owns and operates an appliance repair business.

I have a whirlpool duet washer and dryer . last night i went

I have a whirlpool duet washer and dryer . last night i went downstairs and water was dripping from the door of the front load washer . the washer was turned off but it had filled up on its own. never happened before .
HelloCustomer My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to help you today!
If the washer was off and it filled up on its own, There is only one explanation. The water fill valve has failed. This is relatively common and VERY easy to fix with basic mechanical skills. Please give me your complete model number and I will be more than happy to give you the correct part number and instructions for the repair. For the GENERAL location of the part and just for your reference, I have included a diagram and the part in question is labeled "1".
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the model # XXXXX XXXXX
Your part number is 8181694 and you can get it directly from Sears by following THIS LINK, for $46.49 or a VERY good online supplier called PartSelect by following THIS LINK listed at $49.89 or ANY one of your favorite appliance part houses using that part number. To install, Just remove the TOP panel screws at the rear / top of the machine,remove the panel, remove the fill hoses from your wall, remove the mounting screw on the valve, remove the spring clamp labeled #3 in the diagram I gave you, remove the two electrical connecters from the old valve, pop the old valve out, pop the new one in and reverse the above procedure and thats it! Problem solved. Please let me know if you need any further information on this. Thanks!

Edited by Eric on 10/24/2009 at 7:24 PM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
did you receive the payment?
Yes I did and I thank you very much for using our service!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and good luck on your repair!