Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.

Dyson Animal (purple) rotary brush stopped spinning after getting

Customer Question

Dyson Animal (purple) rotary brush stopped spinning after getting jammed with a dog toy. The belt is in new condition. How do I reset it to make it work again. Thanks. Carol.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 7 years ago.
The belt may well not look damaged, but it will have certainly stretched and will not turn the brush.
You need to replace the belt. A spare is with the machine when new.
When you put the new belt in, make sure you dont trap it when you put the base back on, turn it by hand a few times once the base is on.

I hope this answers your question
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
The new belt didn't help. A friend of mine pointed out there is a switch to turn the brush on and off which must have gotten switched off when the toy got stuck. He switched it on for me and my original belt works fine.
Thanks I don't need further assistance.