Neilwill
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years experience appliance repair and installation
25067054

My frigidaire affinity front load washer is giving me an E68

My frigidaire affinity front load washer is giving me an E68 code. It seems to stop at the spin cycle. If I unplug and reset I can get it to spin on spin only. What could be the problem? Thank you!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Neilwill replied 4 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the complete model number of your washer. It is on the sticker inside the doorway of the machine
Expert:  Neilwill replied 4 years ago.
Hi yaCustomer

This E68 is a stuck keypad.

The error E68 means the ccu has sensed a stuck button on the console. MANY times this is a false error and means that either the ccu or interface must be replaced, but SOMETIMES, there really is a stuck button. TRy to run a diagnostic using the instructions I have provided below, let me know if you need any help with it.
1. Press and hold Select and Cancel buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds to reset the control. The buzzer will sound
1 time and “rES” will be shown briefly in the display.
2. Immediately after, rotate cycle selector knob 5 turns counter-clockwise to the second position from the bottom.
Press and hold the Options and Cancel buttons simultaneously for 2 seconds. The control will enter test mode,
the buzzer will sound 3 times and all LED’s will rapidly flash.
After entering the test mode, the cycle selector knob can now be rotated to select the following tests:
Rotate the cycle selector knob clockwise from the starting position:
0 turns: All LED’s will flash.
1 turn: Drive motor runs; heat source is on. Drying LED is lit. “H” and the control thermistor reading will toggle
back and forth in the display.
2 turns: Drive motor runs; heat source is off. Cool Down LED is lit and “AF” (Air Fluff) is displayed.
3 turns: Drive motor runs; heat source is off. Drying and Cool Down LED’s are lit and numbers appear in the
display showing moisture sensor readings. Opening the door (press in on door switch plunger) and placing
a finger on the both moisture sense bars at the same time will make the numbers decrease. In controls that
do not have a digit display, the More Dry LED should be ON. Opening the door (press in on door switch
plunger) and placing a finger on the both moisture sense bars at the same time will make the Damp LED
come on.
4 turns: Drive motor runs; heat source is off.
Key test:
a. When the Temperature key is pressed, all the temperature LED’s should light.
b. When the Dryness key is pressed, all the dryness level LED’s should light.
c. When the Options or Select key is pressed, all the Option LED’s should light.
d. When the Start/Pause key is pressed, all the cycle status LED’s should light.
e. When the Cancel key is pressed, all the cycle status LED’s should light.
5 turns: Drive motor runs; heat source is off. Cool Down LED is lit. Control thermistor reading is displayed.
6 turns: Drive motor runs; heat source is on. Drying LED is lit. Control thermistor reading is displayed.
7-11 turns: All LED’s will flash
To EXIT test mode, press and hold the Select and Cancel buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds or disconnect power
from dryer. Dryer will be reset for regular operation.
If you cant even enter this mode at all, your interface will have to be replaced. There is no way to determine whether its the intrface OR ccu, but in my experience, it's usualy the interface that ends up needing replacement.

Edited by Neilwill on 10/24/2009 at 1:39 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was already able to pull these instructions online-they appear to be for a dryer with lights that we do not have. Do they also work for a washer?
Expert:  Neilwill replied 4 years ago.
I am searching for my frigidaire repar manual. I'll get back to you as soon as I find it.

Whats your complete model number?

Edited by Neilwill on 10/24/2009 at 2:03 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

LTF7000ES0-model

XC61004516-serial

Expert:  Neilwill replied 4 years ago.

Regardless of dryer or washer the code is a stuck keypad. This needs to be replaced.
The error code E68 is a failure of the touchpad control. The control board senses a stuck button on the keypad & is displaying the error code for that failure. You can try pressing & releasing each touchpad to see if you can get the stuck button to release, otherwise you will need to have the touchpad replaced.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So it's the touchpad or the control panel that needs to be replaced? I am trying to find the part but I am not sure what to look for. I am confused also as to why this would cause the clothes not to spin out.

Expert:  Neilwill replied 4 years ago.
On your washer it is actually the control board that seems to be the ba part, because you have buttons. you may

#1 on diagram

Control board,pc ,with housing
Number:
134556600
Substitution:
137007000
In stock
$108.99

graphic

Edited by Neilwill on 10/24/2009 at 3:24 AM EST
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 10 years experience appliance repair and installation