Eric, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory/company training at MAJOR retailer, now owns and operates an appliance repair business.
10734586

My LG Washer is not spinning all of the sudden.Every thig else

Customer Question

My LG Washer is not spinning all of the sudden.Every thig else is fine. Ny machine is only 3 years old HELP HELP
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.
HiCustomer My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to help you today!
Are there any error codes shown in the display? Does the water drain out during what is SUPPOSED to be the spin cycle?
Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
YES it drains I will go turn it on I cant remember what the code is Ill be back
Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It says LE
Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.
ThanksCustomer
Ok. This is a VERY common problem with LGs and Samsungs and pretty much any machine with the new induction motor direct drive system. It indicates what the main controller believes is a "Locked Rotor" on the induction motor assembly. The part you need to replace is called a Hall effect sensor on the drive motor. Some people even call it the rotor position sensor but regardless, it is part # XXXXX for your machine and will cost $17.49 from Sears, may be cheaper from YOUR favorite local appliance part supplier using the same part number.It can ALSO be ordered directly from LG but believe me, they are slower than Sears and MAY charge more for the part than Sears does!
It is VERY easy to install by removing the rear cover of the washer, removing the motor's rotor assembly (k360 in diagram) , then the stator (k350) , then flipping that stator over and installing the part (k351) . VERY RARELY is it anything else causing this error, but sometimes an open coil on the stator or a failed control board can cause this, however once again, I must stress that this is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY. A new stator will cost you MUCH more and will have a new sensor, and therfore will fix the problem, but at nearly ten times the cost for the same problem. Please try the Hall effect sensor first and your problem WILL be solved. If it is not, we can explore other options. Please let me know if you need further information.
Thanks!
graphic
Eric, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Factory/company training at MAJOR retailer, now owns and operates an appliance repair business.
Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.
HiCustomer Thanks alot for the feedback ! Its been my pleasure helping you today!
In answer to the question in your feedback, yes hubby can contact me through THIS dialog with any further questions regarding my answer and I will be more than happy to help! Have a great day!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
WE will look into this later and get back to you to see if it is fixed Thanks so much for your Help. Eric
Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.
Your very welcome.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You sent us a image to fix this washer but it wont print when I in large it Help Please
Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.
Hi!
It is a very large image so if you hit the "view full image " link, you may have to use your browser window scroll bars to see it. i have enclosed another copy which I have scaled down a bit. . Let me know if that works better.
Thanks!
graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks it is still to big to format on a page to take down to the Washer to fix it with out running up and down stairs to look what to do
Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.
Here is another scaled further. I test printed this one and it does fit on a standard 8.5 X11 page. if not, you will need to save the image to your computer and scale it with your software.

graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks I got it to work
Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.
Ok