Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

i have a Tappan(Frigidare) ES100 electric range and the oven

i have a Tappan(Frigidare) ES100 electric range and the oven won't heat up. it doesn't have any error displays in the digital panel, and it just stopped working the other day. i tried to unplug and reset, but it didn't work, there was no fuse i could find and it seems odd that both elements would go out together. any help?

~XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
let me check the model thanks Bryan

Edited by a1speedyappliance on 10/23/2009 at 5:02 PM EST
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
there should be more to this model # XXXXX you check that? how old is this oven? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
we bought the oven almost 2 years ago so it's pretty new. the only other number i can find is (316246670 Black), where would i find another #?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the model # XXXXX XXXXX

serial # (if it helps) VF74430456
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
the most likely cause for this is the erc (electronic range control) clock. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this is locacted in the control panel, unplug the stove and take the back cover of the control and check this for burns, we replace allot of these, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have checked the erc, there is nothing that looks burnt, any other suggestions?

and where could i get a erc if i need it?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
even though you check it and didnt find any burns this doesnt mean its good, there are no thermal fuses in this so if your getting 220. volts going to the range you will need the erc, they have this in stock for$99.00 @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-TEF326FBA-%3d%3dei1194732&PartID=1194732 thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
this piece doesn't look exactly like the one in my unit, will it still work if it's not the exact same piece?

if so, are there any tips for installation that i need to be aware of?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
bryan,

is this new part going to be an ongoing problem? have you seen them go out again after replacement? it seems to be a common problem with this machine.

should i just go buy a new one and forget this one? could i sell the used one to anyone around the nashville area?

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
well this is common on allot of ovens unforunatly, a new oven may have different problems but this maybe a better option, I dont know anyone in Nashville that buys them I'm in Greeneville about 31/2 hours away from you. you could put it on gregs list and mention it needs a clock but its only $69.00 to replace, you may get a $100.00 or so if its in nice shape. thats all I can do , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how do i replace,?

just unscrew and unplug? then insert plugs and screws?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

you will need to take the back panel of the control panel on the top where the controls are. take the screws out of the clock but do the wires one by one so you dont mix them up. take one off at a time and put it on the new clock as you go. heres a diagram of the assembly. thanks Bryan,

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.