Dave
Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  34 years experience as a repair technician

kenmore range model # 790.9912*3407 replaced the E.O.C. because

Customer Question

kenmore range model #(NNN) NNN-NNNN3407 replaced the E.O.C. because the other fried. after restoring power the clock was flashing and a error code of PF. I pressed the CANCEL/CLEAR pad to reset the E.O.C. but it seems that the touch sensor panel is not working on the control assembly. the clock still flashes and a error code of PF. what could be the problem now?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Anytime John replied 4 years ago.

You say the board was fried? Was this after a storm/surge?
I will be away so I will opt out so other experts may help you
Expert:  Dave replied 4 years ago.
Have you checked to see if the ribbon cable is fully inserted?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
THE RIBBON CABLES ARE INSTALLED CORRECTLY
Expert:  Dave replied 4 years ago.
If hitting the cancel or clock button doesn't clear the PF then your toch pad must be bad.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
WOULD I HAVE TO REPLACE THE WHOLE CONTROL ASSEMBLY NOW?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I ALREADY SPENT 400.00 SO FAR ON THE BURNER AND E.O.C. WOULD YOU SPEND ANOTHER 350.00 ON THE CONTROL ASSEMBLY. THE RANGE IS ONLY 4 YEARS OLD AND COST ME 1800.00, OR BUY ANOTHER RANGE. WILL THIS FIX THE PROBLEM OR LEAD TO SOMETHING ELSE...
Expert:  Dave replied 4 years ago.
There are only 2 parts to the oven control and the ERC.
Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 34 years experience as a repair technician
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ONE LAST POINT I NEED TO MAKE IS THE TOUCH SENSOR PANEL FOR THE 4 BURNERS STILL WORK, ARE THEY CONTROLLED BY A SEPARATE TOUCH PANEL?
Expert:  Dave replied 4 years ago.

Are there 2 ribbon cables or just one?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
THERE ARE 2 RIBBION CABLES CONNECTED TO THE E.O.C.
Expert:  Dave replied 4 years ago.
One is probably for the cooktop, and one for the oven. Have you tried unplugging and reinserting the cable and cleaning it with rubbing alcohol?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
NO, I HAVEN'T TRIED THAT,BUT I WILL. IF THAT DOESN'T WORK I GUESS THAT MEANS REPLACING THE CONTROL ASSEMBLY OR BUY A NEW STOVE WITH A WARRANTY............
Expert:  Dave replied 4 years ago.
Good Luck.