Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Whirlpool Duet/HT Model GHW9300PW4. It would not spin

I have a Whirlpool Duet/HT Model GHW9300PW4. It would not spin and remove water, and would display error code "F 06." A Repairman came out and replaced the computer (CCU), that is located in the top rear of the machine. The machine appeared to be running correctly, so he left. The very first load would not spin to remove the water, and displayed the "F 06" error code again. Any ideas? --- Thanks, Tim
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
This is a bad error because you can't test which exact component it is. It can be your wiring between the CCU and Motor control board, or one of those boards, or even the motor itself. Here is the verbage from Whirlpool.

Drive Motor Tachometer Error

The control is unable to properly detect motor speed and the machine will shut down. If a failure occurs during high-speed spin, the door will be unlocked after 3 minutes.

• Check wire harness connections between the Drive Motor/Tachometer and the Motor Control Unit (MCU), and between the MCU and the Central Control Unit (CCU)
  • Check the Drive Motor
  • Check the MCU
  • Check the Wire Harness
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How do you test the Tachometer
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
you can't. As I said you can't test any of the components which is what makes this about the worst error code you can get. The tachometer is inside the motor and all it does it make connection for a split second when the motor rotates and the more often that connection is sent to the motor control board, the board knows the motor is spinning faster.