Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  34 years experience as a repair technician

I just purchased a home that includes an Asko 600 washer and

Customer Question

I just purchased a home that includes an Asko 600 washer and 700 dryer. The dryer works. The washer will not power up - the redlight indicator will not come on, the door will not open. I assume that because the dryer works (and the washer is plugged into the dryer) that the power supply is in order. Is this likely a fuse problem? Both machines sat unused for about 5 months between the time that the seller moved out of the house and we moved in.

Thanks for your assistance.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Dave replied 7 years ago.
There is actually a fuse for the washer next to the plug on the back of the dryer.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Are these fuses standard and available at appliance repair shops in the US, or do I need to order them from Sweden?

Expert:  Dave replied 7 years ago.
You can get them at Home Depot, WalMart, etc. They are 20 amp ceramic fuses, also used in microwaves. ASKO has a parts warehouse in Texas. Go to