Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  34 years experience as a repair technician

The Clean light is flashing and Ive checked all the troubleshooting

Customer Question

The "Clean" light is flashing and I've checked all the troubleshooting suggested solutions. The dishwasher will not run. Also, when the start/resume button is pushed, it just flashes. The make is a Kenmore Elite-Ultra Wash, model(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Dave replied 7 years ago.
It usually means a heater problem, the signal comes up when it doesn't heat up within a certain amount of time.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So this sounds like I need to call a repair tech. to come out and fix it?
Expert:  Dave replied 7 years ago.
It depends on how handy you are, if you can uninstall and reinstall a dishwasher, it's not hard. It's only 2 wires and 2 retaining nuts holding in the heater to the tub.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I'm not sure that payment was sent or was able to provide positive feedback. I had some connection problems during accpetance of the answer provided. I'm going to give it a shot as I'm pretty handy around the house and uninstalling and reinstalling the should be no problem. The biggest problem is finding the replacement part but, I'm thinking the owners manual will have the part number and id. Thanks for the info and I will for sure be using this web site again for future issues.

Thanks again.

Expert:  Dave replied 7 years ago.
Your Welcome. You only have to pull it out about 2/3 of the way to access the wires and retaining nuts.